Pros: The Hoover Linx BH50010 is a lightweight, cordless, and extremely easy to maneuver. It does a great job cleaning bare floors, carpeting, and pet hair.
Cons: The battery life is shorter than what most people would hope for, and it’s not ideal if you plan on using it to clean your stairs.
Verdict: If you need a nice mid-class stick vacuum that’s versatile and does a great job cleaning bare floors, carpeting, and pet hair, then the BH50010 is the perfect candidate.
Hoover is a name synonymous with vacuum cleaners. Some people even refer to their everyday vacuum as a Hoover, whether it is or isn’t.
Hoover has made such a huge impact on the cleaning community through their diverse products and up-to-date features.
With this in mind, the Hoover Linx BH50010 is a cordless stick vacuum produced by the company which offers the benefits of versatility, and ease of use without all the confusing frills or unnecessary additions.
This is a convenient addition to your array of household cleaning supplies. Stick vacuums like this one make it easy to clean up those small messes that we dread dragging the full-sized vacuum out for.
Some of the nifty features found on the Hoover Linx BH50010 include:
- On/off brush head roller – Rather than switching out attachment heads, the Hoover Linx allows you to turn the spinning brush head on and off at will so that you can go from delicate area rugs to hardwood floors to small pile carpets without the hassle.
- Rechargeable lithium battery and charger – If the battery dies, just slap it in the charger for a bit and you can go again in just about three hours when it has finished charging. This makes it very easy if you want to store the vacuum and use it as a small mess fixer-upper rather of a whole-house cleaner.
- Bottom-release dirt collection canister – A small, clear canister is used to hold the dust and unwanted extras that you’ve vacuumed up from around the house. It’s easy to empty, saving you some time if you have to clear it once or twice during a big cleaning job. No bag purchasing necessary!
- Battery life gauge – Rather than just turning off and leaving you out to dry, this stick vacuum has a reliable and accurate battery gauge that gives you fair warning before it shuts off.
- Edge cleaning bristles – Since stick vacuums don’t use interchangeable heads, this one is designed with bristles that are intended to reach all the way to the edge of the vacuum’s head in order to make it easier for you to get that frustrating dirt around the perimeter of the room.
- Low profile + extreme recline – Taking a broom or full-sized vacuum under furniture or in between objects can be a fit difficult. A combination of these two features makes it a lot less of a stress to reach the mess.
- Cyclonic filtration + extra foam filter – This vacuum uses the cyclonic filtration method as its main filtering system, with a small foam filter afterwards to help pick up the allergens that would try to escape back into your house.
Since we know a bit about the features now, let’s talk about how they work for you:
- The light weight of the vacuum makes it easy to carry around to the various places in your house that need to be cleaned.
- The reclining comes in handy often when cleaning around the living room and kitchen furniture.
- The adjustable brush head is useful when cleaning area rugs and other surfaces. Some rugs or carpets have damaged areas, or areas that fray more easily, so the different brush head settings can be used to separate places of the rugs or carpets without changing vacuum heads. It also works well on pet hair.
- Being cordless, it’s easy to take around to different far reaches of every room in the house.
- The amount of value (and features) that you get for the price is simply unbeatable.
Nothing is perfect. Here’s some of the downsides to this vacuum:
- Battery life is a littler shorter than some people would prefer. It can usually last for about half an hour of vacuuming (which is still better than many vacuums in its class), depending on the surfaces you are cleaning. If you store the battery in the charger, it may reduce the lifespan over time.
- Although the recline helps extend this vacuum’s reach, the head does not swivel and remains stiff. This makes it a little more difficult to navigate in tight spaces.
- Not particularly practical for the stairs as there is no lower handle to grip. Since it is lightweight, this may not be an issue for everyone.
The Hoover Linx BH50010 is a nice mid-class stick vacuum that seems to have a very good lifespan to go along with the 2-year warranty that comes with a new purchase.
You won’t get every new and fancy feature with this model, but you will get all the necessities and some convenient extras with a bit of a price break from the top of the line models. This is definitely one of our favorite picks for this price range.
Before deciding if this vacuum is right for you, you should check out some customer reviews and see what others have had to say about it.