In 1969 we put the first man on the moon. Technology was advancing at an accelerated rate and people’s imaginations ran wild with possibilities. Predictions were made about automated robots to fulfill just about any household task. Just think: “Lost in Space” was set in 1999 – already nearly 20 years ago.
While technological advancements went off in a different direction and more focus went on communication than on labor tasks (the smart phone resembles George Orwell more than it does The Jetsons), some people carried on dreaming about a time when robots and artificial intelligence would make household tasks easier. Enter: the bObsweep Robotic Vacuum Cleaner. This intuitive machine can do all of the jobs your regular push or pull vacuum can while you sit on the couch or get on with more important tasks.
It even does a stellar job on pet hair, a regular complaint from earlier models of robot vacuums.
The bObsweep Robo Vacuum will be your new best friend: it sweeps, vacuums, mops and protects your floor from UV damage all with the press of the button. All functions, from cleaning modes to speeds to where it is in your home, can be controlled by remote. You can set it to run each day, with different programs to meet your needs.
- It sweeps, vacuums and mops simultaneously.
- You can program its schedule to fit your life.
- HEPA filtration keeps your home hygienic and free of harmful allergens.
- Larger dustbin capacity than its competitors.
- Long-life, self charging battery.6. A UV light which kills bacteria.
- Excellent for people who suffer from back or joint problems. Your floors will be spotlessly clean without the stooping and bending of traditional cleaning tools.
- The long life battery means it can clean your entire home before returning to the dock to charge. It even intuitively measures when its battery is getting low and leaves enough power to return to the charger. You won’t be searching down your hall and under beds for your robot!
- Animals that shed excessively are no problem: the robot picks up sticking pet hairs and the dustbin is large enough to cope with pet hair without constant emptying.
- You need to keep your floors free of clutter, wires and small objects in order for the bObsweep to work effectively.
- It can take a while to learn how to program it: keep the user manual handy!
- It is best for tile, wood and lino floors or short pile carpets. Some consumer reviews report difficulty on longer pile rugs and carpets.
The bObsweep is the closest futuristic machine we have to what sci-fi fans of the 1970’s imagined. It offers cleaning that is just as thorough as your push and pull vacuum with a minimum of effort. The intuitive system cleans while protecting your floors from bacteria and UV damage. If you are interested in a machine with the effectiveness of a traditional vacuum and the convenience of a robot, then this is definitely worth checking out.